This life-changing, award winning book is a proven resource for family and friends, giving practical solutions and the tools they need to help anyone struggling with alcohol or drugs.
Although there are many books available to help the recovering person, there are very few that speak to those on the "outside", who want to help, but don't know where to begin. This could be just the resource they are looking for.
"Just got my books. I'm previewing it and just hit a "Thank you, Lord!" moment on page 105 about raising the bottom. I have wondered about that idea for some time now, but couldn't seem to find professionals nor support groups who I felt were smart enough to answer my questions. I could continue, but to keep it short: Bless you all for putting out these resources!"
-Robb B, Pineville, NC
Proven solutions that can be used now!
You will learn:
· Why a person doesn't have to hit rock-bottom before getting help. (page 105)
· When helping is actually hurting. (page 56)
· Why quitting is not the same as recovering. (page 6)
· How to deal with a relapse.(page183)
· How to receive 50 percent or more off the cost of treatment. (page 95)
· Why a parent would leave their child due to their addiction. (page 241)
· Why effective intervention doesn't have to be a surprise attack. (page 52)
Answers to over 30 common,
and not so common questions.