Acacia Africa Launch "Meet Other Acacians" Facebook App
Submitted by: tion
(OPENPRESS) August 8, 2012 -- Acacia Africa recently launched "Meet Other Acacians," a new Facebook app catering to the growing number of fans who are looking to meet online before they travel. Currently, the adventure specialist's social networking page contains a host of useful albums featuring everything from overland life to independent reviews, but the additional app allows travellers to connect and share pre-trip.
Leanne Haigh, Project & Development Manager at Acacia Africa, comments "Our "Meet Other Acacians" app is a niche community as our adventurers are not only sharing travel tips, but also forming friendships before they start their journey in Africa. Everything is up for discussion whether it's packing or personal points of interest, and a great money saving tool users can choose to club together for optional activities. The flight over the Okavango Delta is just one example, the more people taking the excursion lowering the overall cost per person."
Covering Acacia Africa's complete collection, fans using the app have the option to search for specific departures, or if not listed create a new thread with the date of their trip. A useful starting point for those who are in the preliminary stage of the booking process, there is even the option to search by "tour name" only. Once a tour has been chosen users can opt to view the individual itinerary in full via the app, access Acacia Africa's online booking system and select from a list of guaranteed departures.
Leanne Haigh, comments "Whether the chosen adventure is an overland expedition, small group safari or voluntour the app is proving to be invaluable, and there's an enormous amount of preparation involved when you're covering several destinations in one trip, a total of eight countries featuring on our 58-day Ultimate African Overlander."
Acacia Africa also sees benefits for first time travellers and those who are new to group travel:
1. Getting to know the group before travelling helps everyone to gel and there will be an immediate sense of familiarity once the tour starts
2. Adventurers might meet people in their group who have already been to Africa and have useful knowledge to impart
3. If users are at the research stage they will still make useful connections as the majority of people on "Meet Other Acacians" will be travelling to Africa in the near future. Once people have hooked up on Facebook they can quiz each other post trip
4. There's always an element of stress where travel is concerned, but if adventurers already know people in their group this will help to counteract any negative feelings
5. Some of the group might be arranging travel before the tour begins and if other users are looking to do the same they will have a ready-made travel buddy
Acacia Africa: 020 7706 4700; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.acacia-africa.com. ATOL No. 6499 and ABTA No. W4093 PROTECTED. For all press enquiries please contact tion London on 020 8180 1614.