The Red Room Tapas Lounge Marks New Year's Eve Closing With Special Menu And Celebration
Submitted by: MMI Public Relations
Raleigh, NC (OPENPRESS) December 28, 2011 -- Dean Ogan, owner of Rocky Top Hospitality (http://www.rockytophospitality.com), has announced that The Red Room Tapas Lounge (http://redroomraleigh.com/) will host a special New Year's Eve celebration on Saturday, Dec. 31, with a dinner package that includes a four-course meal, champagne toast and party favors as the restaurant marks its closing night. Located at 510 Glenwood Ave., The Red Room Tapas Lounge will offer a farewell menu that includes shrimp ceviche for an appetizer; choice of lobster and arugula salad or crispy duck confit salad; entrées including grilled filet mignon, pan seared scallops and crab stuffed flounder; and desserts including chocolate hazelnut cheesecake and lemon poppyseed pound cake.
Preceding the celebration, The Red Room Tapas Lounge will spend its last week donating 10 percent of its daily proceeds to local charities on the following dates:
- Monday, Dec. 26 - Second Chance Pet Adoptions, which rescues abandoned stray cats and dogs. For more information, visit http://www.secondchancenc.org.
- Tuesday, Dec. 27 - Tammy Lynn Center for Developmental Disabilities, which offers education, residential and family support services to children and adults with special needs. For more information, visit http://www.tammylynncenter.org.
- Wednesday, Dec. 28 - The Carying Place, which helps working families with children. For more information, visit http://www.thecaryingplace.org.
- Thursday, Dec. 29 - El Pueblo, which is a nonprofit statewide advocacy and public policy organization. For more information, visit http://www.elpueblo.org.
- Friday, Dec. 30 - Special Olympics of North Carolina, which provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults in North Carolina. For more information, visit http://www.sonc.net.
The Red Room Tapas Lounge opened in June 2004 and won several awards for its food and atmosphere during its years of operation, including most recently a standing ovation in the category of Best Appetizers and an honorable mention in the Martini category by Metro Magazine as part of the latter's annual MetroBravo Awards in 2011. The Spanish-influenced tapas lounge featured signature red cocktails, an extensive and unique Spanish wine list, lounge and Latin music featured throughout the week, and free salsa lessons on Thursday evenings.
"We are ending an exciting seven-year run with The Red Room Tapas Lounge having served Triangle diners featuring cuisine with a Spanish theme and tapas concept unique for the area," said Ogan. "To go out with a bang, we are offering patrons a last night filled with excellent food, fun and celebration, as well as a chance to contribute to deserving charities. We have big plans in 2012 with the planned opening of Rockwell's American Grill in Cary at 1080 Darrington Drive in January, as well as improvements in our other restaurants such as Draft Carolina Burgers and Beers, located downstairs from the lounge at 510 Glenwood Ave. In addition, look for another Rocky Top restaurant in downtown Raleigh in early 2012. We encourage customers to check all of them out as we thank them for their support of what we accomplished at The Red Room Tapas Lounge."
NEW MEDIA CONTENT:
Rocky Top Hospitality's Twitter Home Page
ABOUT ROCKY TOP HOSPITALITY:
Rocky Top Hospitality restaurants have consistently rated among the Triangle's most popular local dining choices since its first restaurant opened in 1998. Six different restaurant concepts operate under the Rocky Top Hospitality name: The Twisted Fork Grill, Market & Bar, The Red Room Tapas Lounge, Draft Carolina Burgers & Beers, The Mash House Brewery & Chophouse, Tribeca Tavern with two locations in Cary and Raleigh, Rockwell's American Grill, and Rocky Top Catering & Events, a thriving events facility and catering business. All Rocky Top restaurant menus provide items not found anywhere else, and focus on using local North Carolina beef, seafood, poultry, pork, dairy and organic produce. Pastas and desserts are made daily, in house by the chefs and never come out of a box. Rocky Top beef and pork have had no growth hormones, additives, antibiotics or chemical feed. Owner Dean Ogan is known for actively giving back to the community and was named the 2011 Restaurateur of the Year by the North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association (NCRLA). For more information, visit http://www.rockytophospitality.com.