Leading online compliance solutions site Labor Law Center unveils top 5 issues for HR Professional in 2013
(OPENPRESS) Labor Law Center, a trusted online source and marketplace for business compliance solutions, announces its annual list of the top 5 compliance issues facing Human Resource professionals in 2013. The annual list highlights new minimum wage laws and mandatory labor law poster updates among other issues.
1. Minimum Wage Updates: New posters or updates to posters are mandatory in states where minimum wage has increased, including Montana, Ohio, Arizona and Colorado.
2. Workers' Compensation Updates: Changes to Texas law requires posters to be updated with new availability of benefits information.
3. Independent Contractor Laws: In states like New Hampshire, criteria to determine whether a person is an employee have changed.
4. W-2 Forms: All employees must receive a W-2 form by January 31.
5. On-the-Job Injuries: New updates to workers' compensation benefits in Louisiana must be displayed on job place posters.
"Our annual list sheds light on the many changes and updates HR professionals must be aware of each year. Over the last decade, companies have successfully leveraged the expertise of Labor Law Center to comply on state and federal levels with mandatory laws and regulations," said Jevin Kusnitzow, Compliance Sales Manager, Labor Law Center. "The risk to companies who don't adhere to all new regulations could be large fines, sometimes upward of $10,000. We're fully committed to highlighting the issues HR professionals and business owners face to comply and providing solutions."
The annual list comes on the heels of record growth for Labor Law Center's online marketplace, which also serves businesses with additional products such as complete federal and state labor law posters, business greeting cards, HR recordkeeping tools and OSHA compliance tools.
"This year was another great milestone for our company," said Kusnitzow. "Our team is constantly thinking about new ways to help our customers with their compliance and business needs as we continue to build a company and a brand that is a one-stop solution.
About Labor Law Center
Labor Law Center is a trusted marketplace for business compliance needs including total compliance management services such as mandatory labor law posters. Labor Law Center is headquartered in Garden Grove, CA. For more info, visit http://www.laborlawcenter.com.